If you would like to help Rich and BackOnYourBike, there are a few things you can do:
® Leave a message of support for Rich on our Facebook Page.
® Share the link to this website
® Hold an event of your own, no matter how big or small, to raise funds for Rich. If you would like our support with this please email Pippa@backonyourbike.com
® Consider pledging a donation to the Back On Your Bike Trust using the details below
Branch: Constantia, Cape Town
Name: Judith Rothschild
Account no: 1063130913
Branch Code: 101109
Swift Code: NEDSZAJJ
Account Type: Transactor Plus Bundle Account
BOYB is an independent trust, under Richard Holland’s mother’s name Judith Rothschild.
Thank you in advance for all your support. Your contribution is greatly appreciated and Rich is so blessed to have your support. We will keep updating the website with all the latest news on how Rich is doing, as well as events and fundraisers that are planned. Finally, please continue to share our story with your friends and family.
In the interests of transparency, here for your perusal is the mandate as agreed by all the trustees for Back on Your Bike Trust.
The primary objective of the trust is to raise funds for the benefit of Richard John Sothern Holland, specifically in the area of his medical requirements, and his general maintenance and well-being.
Without limiting the generality of this objective, the trustees are authorised to disburse funds as follows:
1. To pay Richard’s direct medical costs, including all medicines, costs of medical professionals and other service providers who assist him,and all medical equipment and related items required by him, as a result of his medical condition.
2. To pay all tangible expenses that were directly incurred in sourcing income for the trust.
3. To pay all statutory and professional costs of the trust that may arise from time to time.
4. To reimburse members of his immediate family, and any other person who renders support to Richard, for proven, tangible expenses incurred in the course of rendering support to him.
5. To employ on a full-time or part-time basis any nurse, care-giver or similar support personnel who in the opinion of the trustees need to be employed specifically to render services to Richard, as his circumstances may dictate from time to time.
6. To make any other payments which the trustees, by unanimous consent, are satisfied fall within the ambit of the above objectives, and would be acceptable to the body of donors, who have donated funds towards this cause, mindful of the objectives of the trust.
7. At their discretion, having regard for the financial situation of the trust and Richard’s needs, the trustees may from time to time consider donating funds to related medical research, charities in a related field, other patients with serious life-threatening ailments, and institutions that meet these objectives.
8. It is however specifically recorded that no trustee will be paid for his or her time in executing thier duties as trustee. Such time is given voluntarily, free of charge.