Since starting the BOYB trust fund in November 2012, your donations and support have allowed us to cover to so much! First and foremost, Rich’s medical care is covered. This includes in-patient neuro rehab treatment with physio, occupational therapy and speech therapy. It includes his PEG Tube feeds, catheters and all medical supplies.
But, on top of that, your donations have helped us purchase the following crucial medical devices for Rich:
1. Specialised electronic extra length bed with extra postural and positioning features (6ft2 Rich didn’t fit a normal hospital bed!)
2. Customised bed blocks for correct positioning in the bed to enhance range and reduce tone
3. A hoist for lifting Rich in and out of bed, onto commode and onto wheelchair
5. Customised vehicle for transportation of Rich whilst he is in his wheelchair. (Rich can’t be positioned in a seat, he has to be transported whilst in his wheelchair. This meant cutting out the floors and seats of a vehicle to fit his chair in.
6. Customised wheelchair for our tall IronMan to sit in correctly
7. Electronic lazy boy for him to sit in when not in bed or at treatment
8. A standing tilt table to ensure weight through the joints, blood pressure stabilisation, avoidance of deep vein thromboses and improved proprioception.
Our aim is now is to get the RT300 Electronic Cycle from USA (cost $22,000) http://